Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Too much work.....

Today birding seemed like work. I had to work real hard (lots of pishing and waiting and many miles walking) in order to see few birds. And, once again, I missed a Broad-winged Hawk seen by someone else in the same area. Unbelievable. I started at McDonald Woods where Jim had a broad-wing yesterday. No such luck today. The only birds where your common migrant white-throats, RC Kinglets, and yellow-rumps. I did have nice looks at a male PINE WARBLER and heard another, but those were the best birds. Then I headed to school and walked the lake from about 8-9am. Didn't see a whole lot but Nick Minor had a Broad-winged Hawk and a Black-and-White Warbler. Missed both of those. Also nothing at Old School FP and I whiffed again on Barred Owl at Daniel Wright.
The best bird I had today was a FOY CHIMNEY SWIFT that I saw while hawk watching on top of the Butler Lake building from 9:45-11am. Also saw 2 COOPER'S HAWKS, 1 BALD EAGLE, 1 TURKEY VULTURE, 7 E. RED-TAILED HAWKS and 0 Broad-wings.
                                  Chimney Swift #145

No comments:

Post a Comment