Friday, April 20, 2012

2 more for the year

  Things have been a little slow bird wise lately. I've been immersed in baseball and we've been having a lot of rain and north winds this week. We did have south winds yesterday and the day before so I went to Waukegan Beach and Redwing Slough before school the last couple of days. Unfortunately, I didn't see much other than a Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs on the beach. At Redwing, I went to look for a Yellow-throated Warbler but failed. I did hear a Pine Warbler. On the way back to the car at Ravens Glen West, I heard a t'slick-ing HENSLOW'S SPARROW right next to the parking lot. Listen here:
henslow's song.
  This morning after the rains I took a walk around Butler Lake and found my FOY PALM WARBLER.

  Tomorrow I can hopefully find a Louisiana Waterthrush. TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment