Friday, April 13, 2012

The soft warbling trill

Started off my day today determined to find a Pine Warbler. I'm sure that I heard 2 of them singing yesterday at St. Mary's Seminary in Mundelein. I couldn't get a look however. Listen here: pine warbler.
Anyway, I went back this morning to try and get a look. In one of the spots I heard them yesterday, I heard an unfamiliar chip note, so I stopped to check it out and was rewarded with a couple of nice looks at a female PINE WARBLER.

I wanted to see the male, though, so I continued to another spot where one was singing yesterday up in a pine tree (go figure :). He was still singing this morning and I was able to get some nice looks at him as well. My first non-YR Warbler of the year!

                                        #125

No comments:

Post a Comment