Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Quest for owls part II

Today I had some time before heading off to Bible study, so I thought I would try to find my flushed owl from Sunday. Sure enough, as I approached the pine grove, I saw an owl fly. This time, though, I was positioned to be able to follow the owl to another branch. It sat nicely in the open and I was able to get great looks at #92 GREAT HORNED OWL.

Always tough to get owls, so that was a real nice bird for today. Then I headed to the lakefront and ventured to Shiloh Park in Zion. Apparently wild birds sometimes hang with the semi-domesticated mallards at the pond in Shiloh Park. Sure enough, there on the grass was a female AMERICAN WIGEON #93. Another sterling day of birding. The weather was great today. Mid 30's and mild winds with overcast skies. "Shooting" for some geese tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment